AnimeZeo
Come to the dark side, we have tea! and DPG videos XD to be able to download here you need to become a member and post least once.
AnimeZeo
Come to the dark side, we have tea! and DPG videos XD to be able to download here you need to become a member and post least once.
AnimeZeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hey everyone, join to be able to access the whole forum and download sections
Note to all guests: Creating an account with rude or uncalled for names will result in a ban.
Congratulations Bass100 for being the 2010 Mario Kart fall cup Champion

The DPG guide to Videos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seth
Darklord
Darklord
Seth

The DPG guide to Videos Empty
PostSubject: The DPG guide to Videos   The DPG guide to Videos Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 am

Hi people I made this small guide to help answer some of the question some of you must be asking about converting DPG videos so I do my best to tell you some of the things I know.

What are DPG?

Well in my understanding DPG are a format of video that the homebrew app MoonShell uses to play video in your ds handheld system via a flashcard or homebrew enabler device.

]Can MoonShell play any DPG video?

Yes and no what I mean is it depends in what version you are using like MoonShell 1.71 it can’t not play DPG4 encoded videos and some DPG3 Videos I sujest using the latest release version that is 2.0 and up.

DPG4 DPG3?

Yes there 4 types of DPG formats DPG1 DPG2 DPG3 DPG4 the all use the file extension .DPG so the only way to know what format you have is to use a tool call DPG info to check it out the latest moonshell can play all the formats so that why I say you should have it

What makes the different DPG formats Different?

Well here what I know

[DPG 1]

Use mainly for version of MoonShell below 1.71 default setting sinclude the following

Video Resolution (256x144 and 256x192)

Video Codec (MPG-1)

Video Bitrates (192k)

Video FrameRate (15fps)

Audio Codec (MP2)

Audio Sample rate (32000)

Audio Bitrates (112k)

[DPG2]

Use only for MoonShell 1.71 and up this format brings more quality to the dpg videos

Video Codec (MPG-1)

Video Bitrates (224k)

Video FrameRate (18fps) note I use my DPG2 with a least 20FPS

Audio Codec (MP2)

Audio Bitrates (128k)

[DPG3]

Use only for version of MoonShell 1.71 and up this one have the ability to use a another type of audio codec

Video Codec (MPG-1)

Video Bitrates (256k)

Video FrameRate (20fps) note I use my DPG3 with 22 FPS

Audio Codec (MP2) or (Ogg) Ogg is crap so do not use it

Audio Bitrates (128k)

[DPG4]

Use only for version of MoonShell below 2.00 and up default settings include the following

Video Codec (MPG-1)

Video Bitrates (512k)

Video FrameRate (24 fps) this format can even handle 30FPS in dpg going over 22 FPD is to much in my opinion

Audio Codec (MP2)

Audio Bitrates (160k)

What DPG format do you recommend?

Anything DPG2 and up is ok in my opinion

What tools are out there to convert DPG VIDEOS?

Well there are a few here the ones I know

[BatchDPG]

Is a nice program that convert you videos to a DPG2 Format the quality is ok and it support a few good video formats as source it haves options for video source audio source and subtitle files some experience is needeto use it.

[Super@]

Is a video converter that converts anything to anything it have options for to convert videos to dpg but I don’t use it I don’t like it

[dpgenc]

It comes with MoonShell 2.0 and pretty much converts videos to DPG4 easy converter in my opinion

[XIliSoft DPG Video Converter]

In my opinion one of the Best DPG video converter you get speed and you can convert to any of the 4 DPG formats

well here the guide i will add more parts to it later what me to add soemthing coment and tell me
Back to top Go down

Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan
★

PostSubject: Re: The DPG guide to Videos   The DPG guide to Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Agree ogg audio is crap it messes up the video
Back to top Go down
Broluigi
DPG Encoder
DPG Encoder
Broluigi

PostSubject: Re: The DPG guide to Videos   The DPG guide to Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:38 pm

so if i dump in one of those dpg thingies i can have a better quality video? :onblah:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DPG guide to Videos   The DPG guide to Videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DPG guide to Videos
Page 1 of 1